ERI FEB RAS
|Regionalistica 2021 Volume 8 number 6 pages 68–84|
|Title of the article||The Development of the Maritime Transport of Russia and the Far East in the Context of World Trends in 2020|
|Author||Zaostrovskikh Elena Anatolyevna
candidate of sciences (economics), research fellow
Economic Research Institute FEB RAS
153, Tikhookeanskaya Street, Khabarovsk, Russia, 680042
|Abstract||This article analyzes the world trends of the development of maritime transport for the period 2000–2020. The patterns of the development of the port industry and changes relating to the volume of cargo transshipment are revealed. The features of the development of maritime shipping and shipbuilding in the conditions of an unprecedented global economic crisis caused by the COVID-19 pandemic are highlighted. The features of the functioning of maritime transport in Russia and in the Far East in the context of world trends are analyzed.|
|Keywords||maritime transport ♦ economic crisis ♦ COVID-19 pandemic ♦ global supply chains ♦ world trends ♦ Russia ♦ Far East|
|For citation||Zaostrovskikh E.A. The Development of the Maritime Transport of Russia and the Far East in the Context of World Trends in 2020. Regionalistica [Regionalistics]. 2021. Vol. 8. No. 6. Pp. 68–84. http://dx.doi.org/10.14530/reg.2021.6.68 (In Russian)|
|References||1. Buyanov S.I. Updating Seaport Development Plans. Morskiye porty [Sea Ports]. 2021. No. 1. Pp. 28–32. (In Russian)
2. Volgin A.A., Kraskovskaya G.N., Semenikhina O.Ya. Coal Port and Ecology: Compromise or Confrontation. Morskiye porty [Sea Ports]. 2014. No. 4. Pp. 34–38. (In Russian)
3. Zaostrovskikh E.A. Overview of Shipping Containers: Features and Development Trends. Transport Aziatsko-Tikhookeanskogo regiona = Pacific Rim Countries Transportation System. 2020. No. 3 (24). Pp. 28–33. (In Russian)
4. Zaostrovskikh E.A. Features of the Development of Coal Ports of the Far East of Russia. Regionalistica [Regionalistics]. 2020. Vol. 7. No. 1. Pp. 30–45. http://dx.doi.org/10.14530/reg.2020.1.30 (In Russian)
5. Kuusinen P. Ports, Shipbuilding and Pandemic Fighting. Morskoy flot [Sea Fleet]. 2021. No. 2. Available at: http://www.morvesti.ru/obzor/1715/90264/ (accessed August 2021). (In Russian)
6. Lazarev V.A. The Current State of the World Merchant Fleet. In: Science Notes. Issue 21. Problem Field Regional Economic Research: Collection of Papers. Ed. by O.M. Prokapalo. Khabarovsk, 2020. Pp. 118–122. (In Russian)
7. Muzlova G. Plans for Increasing Cargo Turnover of the Northern Sea Route are in Question? Morskiye porty [Sea Ports]. 2020. No. 10. Available at: http://www.morvesti.ru/themes/1694/88810/ (accessed August 2021). (In Russian)
8. Review of Maritime Transport 2018. Available at: https://unctad.org/system/files/official-document/rmt2018_ru.pdf (accessed August 2021). (In Russian)
9. Review of Maritime Transport 2020. Available at: https://unctad.org/system/files/official-document/rmt2020summary_ru.pdf (accessed August 2021). (In Russian)
10. Semenikhin Ya.N., Novoseltsev E.M. Vanino-Sovgavan Transport and Industrial Hub: Opportunities and Realities. Morskiye porty [Sea Ports]. 2020. No. 3. Pp. 38–42. (In Russian)
11. 50 Years of Review of Maritime Transport, 1968–2018: Reflecting on the Past, Exploring the Future. Available at: https://unctad.org/system/files/official-document/dtl2018d1_en.pdf (accessed August 2021).
12. Cheng H., Eikeland P.O. China’s Political Economy of Coal. Drivers and Challenges to Restructuring China’s Energy System. Available at: https://www.fni.no/getfile.php/132020-1469870009/Filer/Publikasjoner/FNI-R1015.pdf (accessed August 2021).
13. Coal Information 2016. https://doi.org/10.1787/coal-2016-en
14. Davarzani H., Fahimnia B., Bell M.G, Sarkis J. Greening Ports and Maritime Logistics: A Review. Transportation Research Part D: Transport and Environment. 2016. Vol. 48. Pp. 473–487. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.trd.2015.07.007
15. Lauriat G. Top 100 Containerports: Containerization’s Great Rebound…and Why. American Journal of Transportation. 2021. Issue 727. Pp. 25–27.
16. Shipping and Shipbuilding Markets. BRS GROUP – Annual Review 2021. Available at: https://www.brsbrokers.com/annualreview2021.html (accessed August 2021).