ERI FEB RAS
|Regionalistica 2019 Volume 6 number 6 pages 116-126|
|Title of the article||Efficiency of Regional Economy: Positions of the Northern Regions of the Russian Federation|
|Author||Chaika Larisa Viktorovna
Ph.D. in economics, associate professor, senior researcher
Institute of Socio-Economic and Energy Problems of the North of Komi Science Centre, Ural Branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences
26, Kommunisticheskaya Street, Syktyvkar, Russia, 167982
|Abstract||In this article an integral (composite) indicator of regional economy-wide efficiency determines the complex performance of the use of fixed assets, the labor, energy and envi-ronmental resources. The aggregation of private performance criteria in a composite index is carried out by a method of taxonomic indicator. Based on the results of the multi-dimensional estimation of the Russian regions economies efficiency, the ranking was formed, the positions of the northern regions were defined, the features of their system efficiency were detailed. Comparative analysis showed that the northern economy is represented both among the lead-ers and outsiders of the regional production efficiency rating. The general features of the economy of the northern regions of the Russian Federation have been revealed: negative one – low environmental indicators, positive one – relatively high efficiency of the use of labor.|
|Keywords||northern regions of Russia ♦ comparative multidimensional analysis ♦ efficiency of economy ♦ integral indicator ♦ taxonomic indicator|
|For citation||Chaika L.V. Efficiency of Regional Economy: Positions of the Northern Regions of the Russian Federation. Regionalistica [Regionalistics]. 2019. Vol. 6. No. 6. Pp. 116–126. DOI: 10.14530/reg.2019.6.116. (In Russian).|
|References||1. Aivazian S.A. Towards a Methodology of Measuring of the Population's Life Quality Synthesized Categories. Ekonomika i matematicheskie metody [Economics and Mathematical Methods]. 2003. Vol. 39. No. 2. Pp. 33–53. (In Russian)
2. Aivazian S.A., Stepanov V.S., Kozlova M.I. Measuring the Synthetic Categories of Quality of Life in a Region and Identification of Main Trends to Improve the Social and Economic Policy (Samara Region and Its Constituent Territories). Prikladnaya ekonometrika [Applied Econometrics]. 2006. No. 2. Pp. 18–84. (In Russian)
3. Alfer’ev D.A. The Use of Principal Components Method for the Evaluation of Scientific and Technological Capacity Parameters .Voprosy territorial'nogo razvitiya [Territorial Development Issues]. 2016. No. 4. http://vtr.isert-ran.ru/article/1977 (In Russian)
4. Baranov S.V., Skufina T.P. Comparative Dynamics of Economic Growth and Interregional Differentiation of the Northern Region of Russia. Voprosy statistiki [Bulletin of Statistics]. 2015. No. 11. Pp. 69–77. DOI: 10.34023/2313-6383-2015-0-11-69-77. (In Russian).
5. Dubynina T.G. Analysis of Differentiation of Constituent Entities of the Russian Federation in Terms of Social and Economic Development. Voprosy statistiki [Bulletin of Statistics]. 2014. No. 5. Pp. 59–62. (In Russian)
6. Zhgun T.V. The Research of Formal Methods for Building Latent Characteristics of a System Quality. Vestnik NovGU [Vestnik NovSU]. 2014. No. 80. Pp. 13–19. (In Russian)
7. Makarov V.L., Aivazyan S.H., Afanasiev M.Yu., Bakhtizin A.R., Nanavyan A.M. The Estimation of The Region’s Efficiency of the Russian Federation Including the Intellectual Capital, the Characteristics of Readiness for Innovation, Level of Well-Being, and Quality of Life. Ekonomika regiona [Economy of Region]. 2014. No.4. Pp. 9–30. (In Russian)
8. Molchanova E.V., Kruchek M.M., Kibisova Z.S. Building of the Rating Assessments of the Russian Federation Subjects by the Blocks of Socio-Economic Indicators. Ekonomicheskie i sotsial’nye peremeny: fakty, tendentsii, prognoz [Economic and Social Changes: Facts, Trends, Forecast]. 2014. No. 3. Pp. 196–208. (In Russian)
9. Moroshkinа M.V. Spatial Development of Russia: Regional Disproportions. Regionologiya [Regionology]. 2018. Vol. 26. No. 4. Pр. 638–657. DOI: 10.15507/2413-1407.105.026.201804.638-657. (In Russian).
10. Nadtoka T. B., Vinogradov A. H. Multi-dimensional Assessment of the Level of Enterprise Socio-economic Development. Biznes Inform [Business Inform]. 2014. No. 1. Pp. 184–191. (In Russian)
11. Piskun E.I., Khokhlov V.V. Economic Development of the Russian Federation's Regions: Factor-cluster Analysis. Ekonomika regiona [Economy of Region]. 2019. Vol. 15. No. 2. Pp. 363–376. DOI: 10.17059/2019-2-5. (In Russian).
12. Plyuta V. Comparative Multivariate Analysis in Econometric Modeling. Moscow, 1989. 174 p. (In Russian)
13. Porunov A.N. Evaluation of the Social Security Infrastructure Management Effectiveness by DEA-analysis Method: A Tourist Destination Case. Regional'naya ekonomika: teoriya i praktika [Regional Economics: Theory and Practice]. 2016. Vol. 14. No. 9. Pp. 177–187. (In Russian)
14. Ratner S.V. Dynamic Problems of Estimation of Ecological-Economic Efficiency of Regions Based on Basic Models of Data Envelopment Analysis. Upravlenie bol'shimi sistemami [Large-Scale Systems Control]. 2017. No. 67. Pp. 81–106. (In Russian)
15. Fadeev A.M., Cherepovitsyn A.E., Larichkin F.D., Fedoseev S.V. Methods of Analysis of the Potential Hydrocarbon Fields in the Russian Arctic. Energeticheskaya politika [Energy Policy]. 2018. No. 4. Pp. 34–47. (In Russian)
16. Shelomentsev A.G., Ukhanova A.V., Smirennikova E.V., Voronina L.V. Assessment of Spatial Development in the Regions of the Arctic Zone of the Russian Federation. Regional'naya ekonomika i upravlenie: elektronnyy nauchnyy zhurnal [Regional Economics and Management: Electronic Scientific Journal]. 2018. No. 4. Available at: https://eee-region.ru/article/5613/ (accessed 26 November 2019). (In Russian)
17. Yudintsev A.Yu., Troshkina G.N. The Study of Differences in Socio-Economic Development of Constituent Entities of the Russian Federation by Methods of Multivariate Data Analysis for 2017. Upravlenie ekonomicheskimi sistemami: elektronnyy nauchnyy zhurnal [Management of Economic Systems: Scientific Electronic Journal]. 2018. No. 6. Available at: http://uecs.ru/uecs-112-62018/item/4958--2017- (accessed 26 November 2019). (In Russian)
18. Apergis N., Goodness C.A., Carlos P.B., Gupta R., Wanke P. Energy Efficiency of Selected OECD Countries: A Slacks Based Model with Undesirable Outputs. Energy Economics. 2015. Vol. 51. Pp. 45–53. DOI: 10.1016/j.eneco.2015.05.022
19. Sueyoshi T., Yuana Y., Goto М. A Literature Study for DEA Applied to Energy and Environment. Energy Economics. 2017. Vol. 62. Pp. 104–124. DOI: 10.1016/j.eneco.2016.11.006
20. Zhou P., Ang B.W., Poh K.L. A Survey of Data Envelopment Analysis in Energy and Environmental Studies. European Journal of Operational Research. 2008. Vol. 189. Pp. 1–18.