ERI FEB RAS
|Regionalistica 2019 Volume 6 number 6 pages 88-101|
|Title of the article||Experience in Implementing the Concept of Growth Poles in the Development of the Russian Far East|
|Author||Leonov Sergey Nikolaevich
doctor of economics, professor, leading researcher
Economic Research Institute FEB RAS
153, Tikhookeanskaya Street, Khabarovsk, Russia, 680042
|Abstract||An analysis of the implementation of the concept of growth poles in the Far East of Russia showed the limited export orientation and the absence in the structure of the emerging growth poles of the propulsive industries that generate a chain reaction of the emergence and growth of industrial centers. It was revealed that in the process of formation of growth poles the role of the regional government’s economic policy is exaggerated, foreign experience in the formation of growth poles is incorrectly interpreted, the role of municipal reform, which led to fragmentation of municipalities and problems with the formation of regional budget revenues, is overestimated. It is shown that the identified problems make it difficult to induce effects when using the concept of growth poles as an instrument of the regional development policy of the Far East.|
|Keywords||polarization of development ♦ growth pole ♦ territories of priority development ♦ Russian Far East|
|For citation||Leonov S.N. Experience in Implementing the Concept of Growth Poles in the Development of the Russian Far East. Regionalistica [Regionalistics]. 2019. Vol. 6. No. 6. Pp. 88–101. DOI: 10.14530/reg.2019.6.88. (In Russian).|
|References||1. Arkhipov A.Yu., Pavlov P.V., Tatarova A.V. Institutions of a Special Economic Zone and Cross-Border Trade as a Structure for the Effective Development of International Investment Activity. Taganrog, 2011. 294 p. (In Russian)
3. Bourgeois Regional Theory and State-Monopoly Regulation of the Distribution of Productive Forces (Critical Analysis). Moscow, 1981. 256 p. (In Russian)
3. Buchwald E.M. Municipal Reform in Russia: Myths and Reality. Obshchestvo: politika, ekonomika, pravo [Society: Politics, Economics, Law]. 2013. No. 1. Pp. 60–69. (In Russian)
4. Report on the State of Local Government in the Russian Federation and Proposals for Improving the Organization and Implementation of Local Government. Moscow, 2016. 123 p. (In Russian)
5. Information and Analytical Materials on the Development of the Local Government System in the Russian Federation. Available at: http://minjust.ru/en/press/news/monitoring-razvitiya-sistemy-mestnogo-samoupravleniya (accessed 23 November 2019). (In Russian)
6. Information and Analytical Materials on the State and Main Directions of Development of Local Self-Government in the Russian Federation. Available at: https://minjust.ru/ru/razvitie-federativnyh-otnosheniy-i-mestnogo-samoupravleniya/doklad-o-sostoyanii-i-osnovnyh (accessed 23 November 2019). (In Russian)
7. Kashina N.V. Advanced Development Territories: A New Instrument for Attracting Investments to the Far East. Ekonomika regiona [Economy of Region]. 2016. No. 2. Pp. 569–585. DOI: 10.17059/2016-2-21. (In Russian).
8. Kuznetsova O.V. Special Economic Zones: Efficient or Not? Prostranstvennaya ekonomika = Spatial Economics. 2016. No. 4. Pp. 129–152. DOI: 10.14530/se.2016.4.129-152. (In Russian).
9. Kuznetsova O.V. Regional Policy of Russia: 20 Years of Reforms and New Opportunities. Moscow, 2017. 392 p. (In Russian)
10. Lasuen J.R. Urbanisation and Development: The Territorial Interaction between Geographical and Sectoral Clusters. Prostranstvennaya ekonomika = Spatial Economics. 2009. No. 4. Pp. 106–125. (In Russian)
11. Leksin V.N. The Influence of Self-Organization Factors and External Regulatory Influences on the Processes of Transformation of Territorial Systems. Problemnyy analiz i gosudarstvenno-upravlencheskoye proyektirovaniye [Problem Analysis and Public Administration Projection]. 2015. No. 6. Pp. 8–27. (In Russian)
12. Leonov S.N. Tools of the State Regional Policy in the Russian Far East. Prostranstvennaya ekonomika = Spatial Economics. 2017. No. 2. Pp. 41–67. DOI: 10.14530/ se.2017.2.041-067. (In Russian).
13. Leonov S.N. The Polarized Development of a Subject of the Russian Federation. The Experience of Empirical Analysis. In: Science Notes. Issue 1. The Problems of Spatial Development. Ed. by O.M. Prokapalo. Khabarovsk, 2017. Pp. 82–93. (In Russian)
14. Leonov S.N. Problematic Results and Perspectives of the Local Self-Government Reform in Russia. Prostranstvennaya ekonomika = Spatial Economics. 2017. No. 3. Pp. 107–132. DOI: 10.14530/se.2017.3.107-132. (In Russian).
15. Leonov S.N. The Effectiveness of Priority Development Areas as an Instrument of Federal Policy in Relation to the Far East. In: The Role of Local Self-Government in the Development of the State at the Present Stage. Materials of the IV International Scientific-Practical Conference. Moscow, 2019. Pp. 106–110. (In Russian)
16. Neshchadin A., Trevoux D.-S. On the French Experience of Creating Poles of Competitiveness. Obshchestvo i ekonomika [Society and Economics]. 2012. No. 5. Pp. 129–134. (In Russian)
17. Odintsova A.V. Spatial Economics in the Works of French Regulation School Members. Prostranstvennaya ekonomika = Spatial Economics. 2011. No. 3. Pp. 56–70. DOI: 10.14530/ se.2011.3.056-070. (In Russian).
18. Okun’ S. The White House Thinned Out Special Zones. Closed Eight Tourist and Port SEZ. Available at: https://www.kommersant.ru/doc/3105171 (accessed 23 November 2019). (In Russian)
19. Orlov B.P., Shniper R.I. Economic Reform and Territorial Planning. Moscow, 1969. 250 p. (In Russian)
20. Perroux F. Economic Space: Theory and Applications. Prostranstvennaya ekonomika = Spatial Economics. 2007. No. 2. Pp. 77–93. (In Russian)
21. Regional Development Policy as a Tool to Overcome Stagnation and Ensure the Innovative Development of the Economy. Available at: https://inecon.org/docs/Bukhvald_paper_20141023.pdf (accessed 23 November 2019). (In Russian)
22. Problems and Prospects of the Municipal Reform of the Russian Federation. Report of the Institute of Economics of the RAS and the Institute of Legislation and Comparative Law under the Government of the Russian Federation. Ed. by S.D. Valentei, T.Ya. Khabrieva. Moscow, 2008. 100 p. (In Russian)
23. Register of Residents of Territories of Advanced Social and Economic Development. Available at: https://erdc.ru/upload/reestr-tor.pdf (accessed 23 November 2019).
24. Seliverstov V.E. Two Models of Regional Policy. EKO [ECO]. 2008. No. 4. Pp. 88–92. (In Russian)
25. Ukrainsky V.N. French Spatial Economics: From Industrial Districts to Competitive Clusters. Prostranstvennaya ekonomika = Spatial Economics. 2011. No. 3. Pp. 71–99. DOI: 10.14530/se.2011.3.071-099. (In Russian).
26. Elkanov R.Kh. Poles of Development and Growth Points of the Innovative Economy: Russian and Foreign Experience. Sovremennaya nauka: Aktual'nyye problemy teorii i praktiki. Seriya «Ekonomika i Pravo» [Modern Science: Actual Problems of Theory and Practice. Series «Economics and Law»]. 2012. No. 2. Pp. 39–43. (In Russian)