ERI FEB RAS
|Regionalistica 2018 Volume 5 number 6 pages 92-106|
|Title of the article||Eastern Arctic Seaports and Support Zones of Northern Sea Route|
|Author||Zaostrovskikh Elena Anatolyevna
Economic Research Institute FEB RAS
153, Tikhookeanskaya Street, Khabarovsk, Russia, 680042
|Abstract||The article discusses the current capabilities of the seaports of the Eastern Arctic. The dynamics of the operation of seaports in 2000–2017 and their technical equipment has been investigated. There are positive and negative factors for the development of seaports. Special attention is paid to the North-Yakut and Chukot support zones and the role of seaports in this system. The conditions, the fulfillment of which can contribute to solving the problem of forming a growth pole on the basis of the seaports of the Eastern Arctic, are determined.|
|Keywords||seaports ♦ support zones ♦ growth pole ♦ Eastern Arctic ♦ Northern Sea Route|
|For citation||Zaostrovskikh E.A. Eastern Arctic Seaports and Support Zones of Northern Sea Route. Regionalistica [Regionalistics]. 2018. Vol. 5. No. 6. Pp. 92–106. DOI: 10.14530/reg.2018.6.92. (In Russian).|
|References||1. Baklanov P.Ya., Romanov M.T. Geopolitical Factors of Long-Term Development of Russia's Eastern Arctic Regions. Vestnik Severo-Vostochnogo nauchnogo tsentra DVO RAN [Bulletin of the North-East Science Center of FEB RAS]. 2015. No. 1. Pp. 95–99. (In Russian)
2. Voronina E.P. Formation of Support Zones for the Development of Arctic Zone of Russian Federation and Ensuring Their Functioning: Gap-Analysis. Regionalistica [Regionalistics]. 2017. Vol. 4. No. 6. Pp. 60–69. DOI: 10.14530/reg.2017.6. (In Russian).
3. Granberg A.G. Basics of Regional Economics: Textbook for Universities. Moscow, HSE. 2000. 945 p. (In Russian)
4. Evdokimov G. Arctic Transport Fleet. In: Maritime Strategy of Russia and the Development Priorities of the Arctic. Apatity, 2013. Pp. 170–173. (In Russian)
5. Zaostrovskikh E.A. Seaports of Khabarovsk Krai as the Poles of Economic Growth. Prostranstvennaya ekonomika = Spatial Economics. 2017. No. 4. Pp. 170–183. DOI: 10.14530/se.2017.4.170-183. (In Russian).
6. Zaostrovskikh E.A. Development Problems and Prospects of Checkpoints of Russian Far East. Regionalistica [Regionalistics]. 2014. Vol. 1. No. 3. Pp. 69–75. DOI: 10.14530/reg.2014.3. (In Russian).
7. Zaostrovskikh E.A. Formation of Development Zones in the Port Region: Theoretical Aspects. In: Science Notes. Issue 10. Theoretical and Applied Aspects of Research in the Regional Economy. Ed. by O.M. Prokapalo. Khabarovsk, 2018. Pp. 96–106. (In Russian)
8. Kondratyeva V.I. North Yakutian Basic Area of the Arctic Zone of Russia in the Strategy of Spatial Development of the Russian Federation. Arktika. XXI vek. Gumanitarnyye nauki [Arctic. XXI Century. Humanitarian Sciences]. 2017. Vol. 11. No. 1. Pp. 4–12. (In Russian)
9. Korzun V.A. Global Warming – a Reality or a Politicized Myth. Moscow, 2009. 191 p. (In Russian)
10. Krasnopolski B.Kh. Pacific Arctic: Current Situation and Possible Directions of Development. Regionalistica [Regionalistics]. 2017. Vol. 4. No. 4. Pp. 29–39. DOI: 10.14530/reg.2017.4. (In Russian).
11. Leonov S.N. Tools of the State Regional Policy in the Russian Far East. Prostranstvennaya ekonomika = Spatial Economics. 2017. No. 2. Pp. 41–67. DOI: 10.14530/se.2017.2.041-067. (In Russian).
12. Minakir P.A., Goryunov A.P. Spatial and Economic Aspects of Development of the Arctic. Vestnik Murmanskogo gosudarstvennogo tekhnicheskogo universiteta [Bulletin of Murmansk State Technical University]. 2015. Vol. 18. No. 3. Pp. 486–492. (In Russian)
13. Mikhailichenko V.V. Northern Sea Route – Russia’s National Transportation Route in the Arctic. In: Russian North: Modernization and Development. Moscow, 2012. Pp. 350–353. (In Russian)
14. Naumov Yu.А. Far Eastern Ports in the Northern Sea Route System: History of Development, Current State and Prospects for their Development. Oykumena. Regionovedcheskie issledovaniya [Ojkumena. Regional Researches]. 2017. No. 3. Pp. 133–144. (In Russian)
15. Pavlov K.V., Selin V.S. Problems of Cargo Traffic of the Northern Sea Route and Methods of their Solution. Vestnik Polotskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta. Seriya D: Ekonomicheskiye i yuridicheskiye nauki [Вulletin USUES. Science, Education, Economy. Series: Economy]. 2015. Vol. 12. No. 2. Pp. 73–80. (In Russian)
16. Platonov S.V. Vehicles for Operation on the Territory of the Arctic and Far Eastern Macrodistricts, offered by OJSC «Central Design Bureau for SEC named after. R.E. Alekseeva». In: Innovative Transport Subsystems of Coastal Areas and Coastal Waters. Theory and Practice of Maritime Activities. Moscow, 2013. Pp. 80–100. (In Russian)
17. Savchenko A.B., Treyvish I.A. Historical and Geographical Features of the Development of the Northern and Arctic Territories of Russia XVII-XIX Centuries. Izvestiya Rossiyskoy akademii nauk. Seriya geograficheskaya [Bulletin of Russian Academy of Sciences. Series: Geography]. 2017. No. 3. Pp. 90–102. DOI: 10.7868/S0373244417030082. (In Russian).
18. Selin V.S. Current Trends and Problems of Development of the Arctic Marine Freight Traffic. Ekonomicheskie i sotsial'nye peremeny: fakty, tendentsii, prognoz [Economic and Social Changes: Facts, Trends, Forecast]. 2015. Vol. 40. No. 4. Pp. 60–73. DOI: 10.15838/esc/2015.4.40.4. (In Russian).
19. Selin V.S., Selin I.V. Tendencies of Development of the Arctic Sea Ports. Sever i rynok: formirovaniye ekonomicheskogo poryadka [The North and the Market: Forming the Economic Order]. 2018. Vol. 57. No. 1. Pp. 55–66. (In Russian)
20. Sergeev A.S. Effect of Export Commodities and Raw Materials Business on the Economic Development of Sea Ports of the Far East Region. Izvestiya Dal'nevostochnogo federal'nogo universiteta. Ekonomika i upravlenie [The Bulletin of the Far Eastern Federal University. Economics and Management]. 2014. No. 3. Pp. 107–114. (In Russian)
21. Skufina T.P., Baranov S.V. Murman Transport Node and Development of the Arctic Zone of the Russian Federation. Fundamental'nyye issledovaniya [Fundamental Researches]. 2017. No. 11. Pp. 445–449. (In Russian)
22. Tarasova O.V., Sokolova A.A. Prospects for the Chukotka’s Complex Development. Mir ekonomiki i upravleniya [World of Economics and Management]. 2018. Vol. 18. No. 2. Pp. 69–85. DOI 10.25205/2542-0429-2018-18-2-69-85. (In Russian).
23. Treyvish А.I. The Diversity of the Human Settlements and Their Spatial Interactions. In: Diversity as a Factor and Condition for Territorial Development. Moscow, 2014. Pp. 6–24. (In Russian)
24. Fisenko A.I. Risks of Shipping for Northern Sea Route. Transportnoye delo Rossii [Transport Business of Russia]. 2015. No. 6. Pp. 260–262. (In Russian)
25. Asariotis R., Benamara H., Naray V.M. Port Industry Survey on Climate Change Impacts and Adaptation. Available at: https://unctad.org/en/PublicationsLibrary/ser-rp-2017d18_en.pdf (accessed 20 November 2018).
26. Becker A.H., Matson P., Fischer M., Mastrandrea M.D. Towards Seaport Resilience for Climate Change Adaptation: Stakeholder Perceptions of Hurricane Impacts in Gulfport (MS) and Providence (RI). Progress in Planning. 2015. No. 99. Pp. 1–49.
27. Llho C. Transport Policy and Regional Development (Korea – Russia Knowledge Sharing & Cooperation Strengthening Workshop). 2016.
28. Emanuel K.A. Downscaling CMIP5 Climate Models Shows Increased Tropical Cyclone Activity Over the 21st Century. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of United States of America. 2013. Vol. 30. No. 110. Pp. 12219–12224.
29. Free Trade Zone and Port Hinterland Development. Available at: https://www.unescap.org/sites/default/files/pub_2377_fulltext.pdf (accessed 20 November 2018).
30. Giuliano G., Brien T. Responding to Increasing Port-Related Freight Volumes: Lessons from Los Angeles / Long Beach and Other US Ports and Hinterlands. In: Port Competition and Hinterland Connections. Round Table 143. Paris: OECD Publishing, 2009. Pp. 77–108.
31. Haezendonck E. Essays on Strategy Analysis for Seaports. International Journal of Maritime Economics. 2002. No. 4. Pp. 185–187.
32. Hansen C.O., Gronsedt P., Graversen C.L., Hendriksen C. Arctic Shipping – Commercial Opportunities and Challenges. URL: https://services-webdav.cbs.dk/doc/CBS.dk/Arctic%20Shipping%20-%20Commercial%20Opportunities%20and%20Challenges.pdf (accessed 20 November 2018).
33. Heaver T. The Evolution and Challenges of Port Econ omics. In: Port Economics. Ed. by K. Cullinane, W.K. Talley. Oxford: JAI Press, 2006. Pp. 11–41.
34. Rahmstorf S. A New View on Sea Level Rise. Nature Reports, Climate Change. 2010. Vol. 4. Pp. 44–45. DOI: 10.1038/climate.2010.29
35. Rodrigue J-P, Notteboom T. Challenges in the Maritime-Land Interface: Port Hinterlands and Regionalization. URL: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/228836390_Challenges_in_the_Maritime-Land_Interface-Port_Hinterlands_and_Regionalization (accessed 20 November 2018).
36. Slack B. Satellite Terminals: a Local Solution to Hub Congestion? Journal of Transport Geography. 1999. No. 7. Pp. 241–246.