ERI FEB RAS
|Regionalistica 2018 Volume 5 number 6 pages 53-69|
|Title of the article||Assessment of the Effectiveness of Management Tools for Socio-Economic Development of a Region|
|Author||Leonov Sergey Nikolaevich
doctor of economics, professor, leading researcher
Economic Research Institute FEB RAS
153, Tikhookeanskaya Street, Khabarovsk, Russia, 680042
|Abstract||The paper shows that the main tools of territorial development management are legal regulation, mechanisms of economic and financial regulation. Analysis of the practice of using various tools showed that the most common in modern Russia are economic tools of strategic planning. The article shows the primary role of fiscal instruments for the regulation of territorial development at the sub-federal level. High efficiency at the municipal level of such financial instruments of regulation of municipal development as the tax privileges provided at the local level, standards of the tax income transferred to local budgets, interbudget transfers is revealed.|
|Keywords||instruments of territorial development management ♦ regional and municipal territorial systems ♦ financial instruments of territorial development regulation|
|For citation||Leonov S.N. Assessment of the Effectiveness of Management Tools for Socio-Economic Development of a Region. Regionalistica [Regionalistics]. 2018. Vol. 5. No. 6. Pp. 53–69. DOI: 10.14530/reg.2018.6.53. (In Russian).|
|References||1. Bachtler J. An Assessment of Regional Policy in the European Community. Available at: http://www.politanaliz.ru/articleprint_501.html (accessed 15 March 2018). (In Russian)
2. Belov А. Is Centralism Effective? Optimization of Budget Relations in the Russian Federation. Saarbrucken: LAP Lambert Academic Publishing, 2012. 188 p. (In Russian)
3. Demyanenko A.N. Few Words about the Quality of Institutions: The Regional Strategic Planning. Regionalistica [Regionalistics]. 2016. Vol. 3. No. 1. Pp. 6–12. DOI: 10.14530/reg.2016.1. (In Russian).
4. Report on Measures for the Development of Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises in the Russian Federation. Available at: http://smeforum.ru/upload/iblock/f81/f810c5d73204a810a2889cfc43d6aae9.pdf (accessed 24 May 2018). (In Russian)
5. Kazantseva T.V., Leonov S.N. Inter-Budgetary Relations at the Level of the Subject of the Federation. Vladivostok, 2006. 151 p. (In Russian)
6. Klimanov V.V., Mikhailova A.А. Intergovernmental Fiscal Relations: Recent Trends and Prospects. Gosudarstvennyy audit. Pravo. Ekonomika [State Audit. Law. Economy]. 2016. No. 4. Pp. 31–34. (In Russian)
7. Kuznetsova О.V. Special Economic Zones: Efficient or Not? Prostranstvennaya ekonomika = Spatial Economics. 2016. No. 4. Pp. 129–152. DOI: 10.14530/se.2016.4.129-152. (In Russian).
8. Levina V.V. Use of Financial Instruments of Regional Development Regulation: Problems and Prospects. Upravlenets [Manager]. 2017. No. 3. Pp. 18–24. (In Russian)
9. Levina V.V. Features of Application of Budgetary and Tax Instruments of Regulation of Social and Economic Development of Municipalities. Izvestiya Tul'skogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta. Ekonomicheskie i yuridicheskie nauki [News of Tula State University. Economic and Legal Sciences]. 2017. No. 3–1. Pp. 115–127. (In Russian)
10. Leksin V.N. Efficiency and Effectiveness of Regional and Municipal Authorities: The Purpose and Possibilities of Correct Assessment. Region: ekonomika i sotsiologiya [Region: Economics and Sociology]. 2012. No. 1. Pp. 3–39 (In Russian)
11. Leksin V.N., Shvetsov A.N. State and Regions: Theory and Practice of State Regulation of Territorial Development. Moscow, 2012. 368 p. (In Russian)
12. Leksin V.N., Shvetsov A.N. Reform and Regions: System Analysis of the Reform Processes of the Regional Economy of Federalism and Local Self-Government. Moscow, 2012. 1024 p. (In Russian)
13. Leonov S.N. Tools of the State Regional Policy in the Russian Far East. Prostranstvennaya ekonomika = Spatial Economics. 2017. No. 2. Pp. 41–67. DOI: 10.14530/se.2017.2.041-067. (In Russian
14. Leonov S.N. Methods of Quantitative Assessment of the Results of Regulatory Impact of Legal Acts in Russia and Abroad. In: Science Notes. Issue 12. Far East of Russia: Economic, Social, Infrastructure Development Factors. Ed. by O.M. Prokapalo. Khabarovsk, 2018. Pp. 113–127. (In Russian)
15. Leonov S.N. Problems of Formation of the System of Strategic Regional Planning in Russia at the Present Stage. Trudy Bratskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta. Seriya: Ekonomika i upravlenie. [Proceedings of the Bratsk State University. Series: Economics and Management]. 2018. Vol. 1. Pp. 3–8. (In Russian).
16. Minakir P.A., Prokapalo O.M. Centralization and Autonomation as the Drivers of Socio-Economic Development of the Russian Far East. Ekonomicheskie i sotsial'nye peremeny: fakty, tendentsii, prognoz [Economic and Social Changes: Facts, Trends, Forecast]. 2017. Vol. 10. No. 6. Pp. 24–41. DOI: 10.15838/esc.2017.6.54.2. (In Russian).
17. Mikheyeva N.N., Ananyeva R.I. Tools of Regional Policy: Assessing the Efficiency of their Application. Region: ekonomika i sotsiologiya [Region: Economics and Sociology]. 2011. No. 3. Pp. 39–57. (In Russian)
18. Regional Policy: Foreign Experience and Russian Realities. Ed. by А.V. Kuznetsov, О.V. Kuznetsova. Moscow, 2015. 136 p. (In Russian)
19. Timofeeva O.I. On the Issue of Assessing the Effectiveness of Tax Incentives at the Regional Level. Finansy [Finance]. 2016. No. 4. Pp. 50–55. (In Russian)
20. Shvetsov А.N. Special Legal Regimes for Attracting Private Investment and Modern Technologies in Development of Territories. Problemnyi analiz i gosudarstvenno-upravlencheskoe proektirovanie [Problem Analysis and Public Administration Projection]. 2015. Vol. 8. No. 4. Pp. 49–63. (In Russian)
21. Shvetsov A.N., Demyanenko A.N., Ukrainsky V.N. Destructive Stereotypes of Russian Strategic Planning and Their Possible Consequences for Practice of Regional Strategy Development (Part 1). Regionalistica [Regionalistics]. 2016. Vol. 3. No. 3. Pp. 48–60. DOI: 10.14530/reg.2016.3. (In Russian).
22. Kornai J. The Soft Budget Constraint. Kyklos. 1986. Vol. 39. No. 1. Pp. 3–30. DOI: 10.1111/j.1467-6435.1986.tb01252.x