ERI FEB RAS
|Regionalistica 2018 Volume 5 number 6 pages 70-82|
|Title of the article||Policy Instruments of the Russian Far East Economic Development and Regional Economic Security|
|Author||Isaev Artem Gennadyevich
Ph.D. in economics, senior research fellow
Economic Research Institute FEB RAS
153, Tikhookeanskaya Street, Khabarovsk, Russia, 680042
|Abstract||The article describes the main instruments of economic policy development of the Far East at the federal level, created and applied in the region based on the objectives set in the State program «Economic and social development of the Far East and Baikal region until 2025». The description is given of such institutional innovations as the tterritory of advanced development, the free port of Vladivostok, and the «Far Eastern hectare». An assessment of current problems in the implementation of policies is given, as well as suggestions are made regarding the relationship between these institutional innovations and regional economic security.|
|Keywords||Russian Far East ♦ regional economic policy ♦ territories of advanced development ♦ «Far Eastern hectare» ♦ free seaport ♦ economic security|
|For citation||Isaev A.G. Policy Instruments of the Russian Far East Economic Development and Regional Economic Security. Regionalistica [Regionalistics]. 2018. Vol. 5. No. 6. Pp. 70–82. DOI: 10.14530/reg.2018.6.70. (In Russian).|
|References||1. Bukhvald E.M., Valentik O.N. The Territories of Advanced Development: Breakthrough or Illusion? ETAP: Ekonomicheskaya Teoriya, Analiz, Praktika [ETAP: Economic Theory, Analysis, and Practice]. 2015. No. 2. Pp. 72–84. (In Russian)
2. Varkulevich T.V., Deineko K.I. Free Port of Vladivostok: Development Prospects and Problems. Azimut nauchnykh issledovaniy: ekonomika i upravlenie [Azimuth of Scientific Research: Economics and Management]. 2016. No. 2. Pp. 82–86. (In Russian)
3. Verevkina V. Energy Is Running Out. Available at: https://www.eastrussia.ru/material/energiya-na-iskhode (accessed 16 September 2018). (In Russian)
4. Gladkii Yu.N. The Far Eastern Hectare: A Good Idea with Higher Expectations. Vestnik ARGO [ARGO Herald]. 2017. No. 6. Pp. 115–123. (In Russian)
5. Demyanenko A.N. On the Decomposition of Economic Space within Far Eastern Macroregion Regionalistica [Regionalistics]. 2018. Vol. 5. No. 2. Pp. 5–20. DOI: 10.14530/reg.2018.2.5. (In Russian).
6. Demyanenko A.N., Prokapalo O.M. Economic Space of the Russian Far East: Post-Crisis Dynamics and Economic Security. Regionalistica [Regionalistics]. 2018. Vol. 5. No. 5. Pp. 25–33. DOI: 10.14530/reg.2018.5.25. (In Russian).
7. Domnina I.N., Maevskaya L.I. Federal Institutions of Development in the Innovative System of Regional Economy. Evaluation and Prospects of Their Activities in the Russian Regions. Ekonomika: vchera, segodnya, zavtra [Economics: Yesterday, Today, and Tomorrow]. 2017. Vol. 7. No. 1A. Pp. 16–34. (In Russian)
8. Isaev A.G. The Territories of Accelerated Development: New Instrument of Regional Economic Policy. EKO [ECO]. 2017. No. 4. Pp. 61–77. DOI: 10.30680/ECO0131-7652-2017-4-61-77. (In Russian).
9. Kapranova L.D. New Financial and Economic Mechanisms in the Development Strategy of the Far East. Upravlencheskie nauki [Management Sciences]. 2016. No. 3. Pp. 45–54. (In Russian)
10. Kashina N.V. Territories of Advanced Development in the Far East Region: Peculiarities of their Establishment. Izvestia DVFU. Ekonomika i upravlenie [The Bulletin of the Far Eastern Federal University. Economics and Management]. 2015. No. 3. Pp. 29–41. (In Russian)
11. Kozlov L.E., Volynchuk A.B. Regional Policy of Russia in the Far East in an Unfavorable External Environment (2014–2016). Oykumena. Regionovedcheskie issledovaniya [Ojkumena. Regional Researches]. 2016. No. 4. Pp. 24–35. (In Russian)
12. Kryukov V.A. «Quadrature» of Enclave Economy. EKO [ECO]. 2017. No. 2. Pp. 2–4. DOI: 10.30680/ECO0131-7652-2017-2-2-4. (In Russian).
13. Kryuchkova E. Reduced Rate for the Far East. Available at: https://www.kommersant.ru/doc/2917250 (accessed 17 August 2018). (In Russian)
14. Minakir P.A. Economic Growth and Development. Regional Aspect. Federalizm [Federalism]. 2013. No. 2. Pp. 49–62. (In Russian)
15. Minakir P.A., Prokapalo O.M. Russian Far East: Economic Phobias and Geopolitical Ambitions. EKO [ECO]. 2017. No. 4. Pp. 5–26. DOI: 10.30680/ECO0131-7652-2017-4-5-26. (In Russian).
16. Minakir P.A, Prokapalo O.M. Economy of the Far East of Russia: State and Prospects. Regionalistica [Regionalistics]. 2017. No. 3. Pp. 48–56. DOI: 10.14530/reg.2017.3. (In Russian).
17. Nekhaychuk Yu. Far Eastern Regions Are Looking for Land for Those Who Want to Get a «Free Hectare». Available at: https://www.vedomosti.ru/economics/articles/2016/03/04/632497-dalnevostochnie-gektar (accessed 25 September 2018). (In Russian)
18. Shvetsov A.N. Special Legal Regimes for Attraction Private Investment and Modern Technologies to the Development of Territories. Problemnyi analiz i gosudarstvenno-upravlencheskoe proektirovanie [Problem Analysis and Public Administration Projection]. 2015. No. 4. Pp. 49–63. (In Russian)
19. Shvetsov A.N. «Growth Points» or «Black Holes»? (To the Question of the Effectiveness of the Use of «Zonal» Tools of State Stimulation of the Economic Dynamics of Territories). Rossiyskiy ekonomicheskiy zhurnal [Russian Economic Journal]. 2016. No. 3. Pp. 40–61. (In Russian)