ERI FEB RAS
|Regionalistica 2018 Volume 5 number 4 pages 55-65|
|Title of the article||Free Port Vladivostok and Problems of Its Loading|
|Author||Zaostrovskikh Elena Anatolyevna
Economic Research Institute FEB RAS
153, Tikhookeanskaya Street, Khabarovsk, Russia, 680042
|Abstract||The article attempts to get an answer to the question of what Russian cargo can be in demand in China, South Korea, Japan, and will ensure the loading of the free port Vladivostok in the medium term. In this context, there was studied the dynamics of demand of the three countries for the main types of cargo for the period from 2005 to 2016. There was made the estimation of cargo deliveries in China, South Korea and Japan through the seaports of the Far East of Russia and the share of Russia's presence in this market was estimated. The most promising cargo for Vladivostok Free Port has been identified.|
|Keywords||demand ♦ cargo ♦ seaport ♦ Russian Far East ♦ China ♦ South Korea ♦ Japan|
|For citation||Zaostrovskikh E.A. Free Port Vladivostok and Problems of Its Loading. Regionalistica [Regionalistics]. 2018. Vol. 5. No. 4. Pp. 55–65. DOI: 10.14530/reg.2018.4.55. (In Russian).|
|References||1. Dmitrieva T. Export Euphoria. Morskie porty [Seaports]. 2018. No. 1. Pp. 48–51. (In Russian)
2. Zaostrovskikh E.A. 7th Far Eastern Russian-Korean Forum. Prostranstvennaya ekonomika = Spatial Economics. 2017. No. 2. Pp. 188–190. (In Russian)
3. Izotov D.A. Trade Liberalization between Russia and East Asian Countries. Prostranstvennaya ekonomika = Spatial Economics. 2015. No. 4. Pp. 75–97. DOI: 10.14530/se.2015.4.075-097 (In Russian)
4. Markaryan S.B. Japan’s Agricultural Sector: Are There Any Prospects for Development? Vostochnaya analitika [Eastern Analytics]. 2012. No. 3. Pp. 121–127. (In Russian)
5. Review of Maritime Transport 2016. Available at: http://unctad.org/en/PublicationsLibrary/rmt2016_ru.pdf (accessed 10 July 2018). (In Russian)
6. Plakitkina L.S., Plakitkin Yu.A. Analysis of Coal Imports to Main Coal-Consuming Regions and Countries in the Period of 2000–2015. Gornaya promyshlennost [Mining Industry Journal]. 2017. No. 3. Pp. 74–80. (In Russian)
7. Sokolov A.D., Takaishvili L.N. Assessment of the Export Potential of Coal in the East of Russia. In: Energy of Russia in the XXI Century. Innovative Development and Management. Irkutsk, 2015. Pp. 162–169. (In Russian)
8. Suslov D.V. Foreign Trade of the Far Eastern Federal District in 2016. Problemy Dalnego Vostoka [Far Eastern Affairs]. 2017. No. 2. Pp. 50–56. (In Russian)
9. Sukhomirov G.I., Zaostrovskikh E.A. Regional Grain Export: Siberia and the Russian Far East. Prostranstvennaya ekonomika = Spatial Economics. 2011. No. 4. Pp. 56–71. (In Russian)
10. Fisenko A.I. Prospects Development of International Transport Corridors Primorye and Ensuring Their Cargo Base in Condition Creation of a Free port of Vladivostok. Transportnoe delo Rossii [Transport business of Russia]. 2016. No. 2. Pp. 190–192. (In Russian)
11. Cheng H., Eikeland P.O. China’s Political Economy of Coal: Drivers and Challenges to Restructuring China’s Energy System. Available at: https://www.fni.no/getfile.php/132020-1469870009/Filer/Publikasjoner/FNI-R1015.pdf (accessed 10 July 2018).
12. China 2030: Building a Modern, Harmonious, and Creative Society. Available at: https://www.worldbank.org/content/dam/Worldbank/document/China-2030-complete.pdf (accessed 10 July 2018).
13. China’s Green Revolution: Prioritizing Technologies to Achieve Energy and Environmental Sustainability. Available at: https://www.mckinsey.com/~/media/mckinsey/dotcom/client_service/Sustainability/cost%20curve%20PDFs/china_green_revolution.ashx (accessed 10 July 2018).
14. Fertilizer Outlook 2017–2021. Available at: https://www.fertilizer.org/images/Library_Downloads/2017_IFA_Annual_Conference_Marrakech_PIT_AG_Fertilizer_Outlook.pdf (accessed 10 July 2018).
15. Global Marine Trends 2030. Available at: http://www.futurenautics.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/GlobalMarineTrends2030Report.pdf (accessed 10 July 2018).
16. Global Trends 2030: Alternative Worlds. Available at: https://info.publicintelligence.net/GlobalTrends2030.pdf (дата обращения: 10.072018).
17. International Energy Agency. Coal Information 2016. Paris: IEA Publications, 2016. 543 p. DOI: 10.1787/coal-2016-en
18. International Energy Agency. Coal Information 2017. Paris: IEA Publications, 2017. 500 p. DOI: 10.1787/coal-2017-en
19. World Agriculture: Towards 2030/2050. Available at: http://www.fao.org/fileadmin/user_upload/esag/docs/Interim_report_AT2050web.pdf (accessed 10 July 2018).
20. World Energy Resources. Natural Gas 2016. Available at: https://www.worldenergy.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/WEResources_Natural_Gas_2016.pdf (accessed 10 July 2018).
21. World Fertilizer and Outlook to 2020. Available at: http://www.fao.org/3/a-i6895e.pdf (accessed 10 July 2018).