ERI FEB RAS
|Regionalistica 2018 Volume 5 number 1 pages 69–75|
|Title of the article||Interaction of the Region’s Economy and Seaports (On the Example of the Khabarovsk Krai)|
|Author||Zaostrovskikh Elena Anatolyevna
Economic Research Institute FEB RAS
153, Tikhookeanskaya Street, Khabarovsk, Russia, 680042
|Abstract||The hypothesis that the development of the seaport contributes to the economic growth of the port region is explored. The economic benefits of a well-functioning seaport allow to reduce costs for trade, produce value added and employment, and also involve certain sectors of the economy. But often economic benefits extend to other territories, while negative impacts are localized in the most port region.|
|Keywords||seaports ♦ economic effect ♦ port-region ♦ Khabarovsk Krai|
|For citation||Zaostrovskikh E.A. Interaction of the Region’s Economy and Seaports (On the Example of the Khabarovsk Krai). Regionalistica [Regionalistics]. 2018. Vol. 5. No. 1. Pp. 69–75. (In Russian) DOI: 10.14530/reg.2018.1.69|
|References||1. Woodburn A. Hinterland Connections to Seaports. Available at: https://www.unece.org/fileadmin/DAM/trans/doc/2010/wp5/ECE-TRANS-210r.pdf (accessed 17 December 2017). (In Russian)
2. Zaostrovskikh E.A. Seaports of Khabarovsk Krai as the Poles of Economic Growth. Prostranstvennaya ekonomika = Spatial Economics. 2017. No. 4. Pp. 170–183. (In Russian) DOI: 10.14530/se.2017.4.170-183
3. Klimova L. SUEK and Khabarovsk Territory: Growth Points. Dal'nevostochnyy kapital [Far Eastern Capital]. 2008. No. 10. Pp. 40–41. (In Russian)
4. Kuznetsov A.L. The New Role of Seaports in the Global Economy. Available at: http://wingi.ru/firms_profile/viewMsg-312/blog-151/firm_id-3700/ (accessed 15 July 2016). (In Russian)
5. Motrich E.L., Molodkovets L.A. Transformation of Migration Processes in the Khabarovsk Territory. Voprosy statistiki [Bulletin of Statistics]. 2015. No. 1. Pp. 54–64. (In Russian)
6. Naiden S.N., Gritsko M.A. Prospects of Human Potential Development in Khabarovski Krai. Ekonomika Vostoka Rossii [Economics of Russian East]. 2015. No. 2. Pp. 44–50. (In Russian)
7. Sergeev A.S. Effect of Export Commodities and Raw Materials Business on the Economic Development of Sea Ports of the Far East Region. Izvestiya Dal'nevostochnogo federal'nogo universiteta. Ekonomika i upravlenie [The Bulletin of the Far Eastern Federal University. Economics and Management]. 2014. No. 3. Pp. 107–114. (In Russian)
8. Giuliano G., Brien T. Responding to Increasing Port-Related Freight Volumes: Lessons from Los Angeles / Long Beach and Other US Ports and Hinterlands. In: Port Competition and Hinterland Connections. Round Table 143. Paris: OECD Publishing, 2009. Pp. 77–108.
9. Heaver T. The Evolution and Challenges of Port Economics. In: Port Economics. Ed. by K. Cullinane, W.K. Talley. Oxford: JAI Press, 2006. Pp. 11–41.
10. Hilling D., Hoyle B.S. Spatial Approaches to Port Development. In: Seaport Systems and Spatial Change. Ed. by B.S. Hoyle, D. Hilling. Chichester: John Wiley & Sons, 1984. Pp. 1–19.
11. The Competitiveness of Global Port-Cities. Paris: OECD Publishing, 2014. 268 p.