ERI FEB RAS
|Regionalistica 2018 Volume 5 number 5 pages 58-78|
|Title of the article||The Development of Russia and Far East’s Maritime Transport within the Context of the Global Trends in 2017|
|Author||Zaostrovskikh Elena Anatolyevna
Economic Research Institute FEB RAS
153, Tikhookeanskaya Street, Khabarovsk, Russia, 680042
|Abstract||The global tendencies of the sea transportation market for the period from 2000 to 2017 are analyzed. Present data on the world fleet. The state of the port facilities and changes in the volume of cargo transshipped has been studied. Presented are global trends in the development of maritime transport until 2030. Features of the functioning of maritime transport in Russia and the Far East are considered with the global trends in the development of maritime transport. The main factors affecting the development of maritime transport in Russia are analyzed.|
|Keywords||maritime transport ♦ world trends ♦ Russia ♦ Russian Far East|
|For citation||Zaostrovskikh E.A.The Development of Russia and Far East’s Maritime Transport within the Context of the Global Trends in 2017. Regionalistica [Regionalistics]. 2018. Vol. 5. No. 5. Pp. 58–78. DOI: 10.14530/reg.2018.5.58. (In Russian).|
|References||1. Evdokimov G. Arctic Transport Fleet. In: Maritime Strategy of Russia and the Development Priorities of the Arctic. Apatity, 2013. Pp. 170–173. (In Russian)
2. Zaostrovskikh E.A. The Development of Russia and Far East’s Maritime Transport within the Context of the World Trends. Tamozhennaya politika Rossii na Dal'nem Vostoke [Customs Policy of Russia in the Far East]. 2014. No. 3. Pp. 34–49. (In Russian)
3. Zaostrovskikh E.A. Development of Maritime Transport in Russia and in the Russian Far East in the Context of Global Trends in 2015. Regional'nye problemy [Regional Problems]. 2016. Vol. 19. No. 4. Pp. 90–100. (In Russian)
4. Zaostrovskikh E.A. Free Port of Vladivostok in the Concept of Development of International Transport Corridors of Primorsky Krai. Regionalistica [Regionalistics]. 2016. Vol. 3. No. 4. Pp. 44–54. DOI: 10.14530/reg.2016.4. (In Russian).
5. Mikhailichenko V.V. Northern Sea Route – Russia’s National Transportation Route in the Arctic. In: Russian North: Modernization and Development. Moscow, 2012. Pp. 350–353. (In Russian)
6. Review of Maritime Transport 2017. Available at: http://unctad.org/en/PublicationsLibrary/rmt2017_ru.pdf (accessed 14 September 2018). (In Russian)
7. Peresypkin V.I., Buyanov S.I., Romanenko A.A. The State and Outlooks for Development of Russian Cargo Fleet against the World’s Shipbuilding Back Ground. Sudostroenie [Shipbuilding]. 2011. No. 2. Pp. 9–15. (In Russian)
8. Selin V.S. Current Trends and Problems of Development of the Arctic Marine Freight Traffic. Ekonomicheskie i sotsial'nye peremeny: fakty, tendentsii, prognoz [Economic and Social Changes: Facts, Trends, Forecast]. 2015. No. 4. Pp. 60–73. DOI: 10.15838/esc/2015.4.40.4. (In Russian).
9. Cheng H., Eikeland P.O. China’s Political Economy of Coal: Drivers and Challenges to Restructuring China’s Energy System. Available at: https://www.fni.no/getfile.php/132020-1469870009/Filer/Publikasjoner/FNI-R1015.pdf (accessed 14 September 2018).
10. Global Marine Trends 2030. Available at: http://www.futurenautics.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/GlobalMarineTrends2030Report.pdf (accessed 14 September 2018).
11. International Energy Agency. Coal Information 2016. Paris: IEA Publications, 2016. 543 p. DOI: 10.1787/coal-2016-en
12. Jakobsen E.W., Svane Mellbye C., Osman M.S., Dyrstad E.H. The Leading Maritime Capitals of the World 2017. Available at: https://www.menon.no/wp-content/uploads/2017-28-LMC-report.pdf (accessed 14 September 2018).
13. Notteboom T., Neyens K. The Future of Port Logistics: Meeting the Challenges of Supply Chain Integration. Available at: https://www.ing.be/Assets/Documents/Marketing/ING-the-future-of-port-logistics.pdf (accessed 19 June 2018).
14. OECD/ITF. ITF Transport Outlook 2017. Paris: OECD Publishing, 2017. 224 p. DOI: 10.1787/9789282108000-en
15. Shipbuilding Market Developments Q2 2018. Available at: http://www.oecd.org/sti/ind/shipbuilding-market-developments-Q2-2018.pdf (accessed 19 June 2018).
16. The Infrastructure Investment Needs and Financing Challenge of European Ports. Available at: https://www.espo.be/media/Port%20Investment%20Study%202018_FINAL_1.pdf (accessed 14 September 2018).
17. Wanga C., Ducruet C. New Port Development and Global City Making: Emergence of the Shanghai-Yangshan Multilayered Gateway Hub. Journal of Transport Geography. 2012. No. 5. Pp. 58–69.
18. Weon Yong Sung. Tasted and Free Port Vladivostok as a Regional Development Strategy: Possi-bilities and Limitations / VII Korean-Russian Far East Forum (Vladivostok, 2017. 19 April). Vladivostok, 2017. 11 р.