ERI FEB RAS
|Regionalistica 2022 Volume 9 number 2 pages 5-25|
|Title of the article||Assessment of Effects of Interindustry Interactions in the Economy of the Khabarovsk Territory with the Use Structural Balance Model|
|Author||Belousova Anna Vasilyevna
candidate of sciences (economics), senior research fellow
Economic Research Institute FEB RAS
153, Tikhookeanskaya Street, Khabarovsk, Russia, 680042
|Abstract||The article presents the results of the testing of one of the methods of regionalization of the technical coefficients of national tables «input – output» not related to the collection of statistical data. The basis of the method is the use of localization coefficients. The formula for calculating the values of the coefficients involves both taking into account the characteristics of interindustry interactions in the region, and the relative size of the latter. The introduction of amendments for the import of the region for certain types of economic activity is carried out experimentally. On the basis of the tested method, within the framework of the structural balance model, a quantitative analysis of the multiplier effects of interindustry interactions in the economy of the Khabarovsk Territory in 2018 was performed: estimates of the influence of changes in the final demand on the production of products, taking into account the system of intermediate costs in the context of forty-four types of economic activity. The generation of the greatest multiplier effects by the production of the region with the smallest value of the traditional localization coefficient – the production of electrical equipment – revealed the need to adjust and develop the method of regionalization of national technical coefficients related to the unification of the procedure for introducing amendments for regional import or with the modification of the localization coefficient formula.|
|Keywords||interindustry interactions ♦ technical coefficients ♦ interindustry balance model ♦ multiplier effect ♦ Khabarovsk Territory|
|For citation||Belousova A.V. Assessment of Effects of Interindustry Interactions in the Economy of the Khabarovsk Territory with the Use Structural Balance Model. Regionalistica [Regionalistics]. 2022. Vol. 9. No. 2. Pp. 5–25. http://dx.doi.org/10.14530/reg.2022.2.5 (In Russian)|
|References||1. Analysis and Forecasting of the Development of the Economy of the Republic of Buryatia. Ed. by A.O. Baranov, Z.B.-D. Dondokov. Ulan-Ude, 2019. 204 p. (In Russian)
2. Animitsa P.Ye. Modelling of Household’s Impact on Creation of Multiplicative Effects in a Region (The Case of Sverdlovsk Oblast). Upravlenets = The Manager. 2016. No. 2 (60). Pp. 28–33. (In Russian)
3. Belousova A.V. State Policy of Import Substitution: Assessment Regional Effects (On the Example of the Far Eastern Federal District). Regional’nye problemy preobrazovaniya ekonomiki [Regional Problems of Transforming the Economy]. 2020. No. 11. Pp. 66–73. http://dx.doi.org/10.26726/1812-7096-2020-11-66-73 (In Russian)
4. Belousova A.V. Modeling of Economic Effects of Changing of the Region’s External Environment Parameters. Regionalistica [Regionalistics]. 2017. Vol. 4. No. 3. Pp. 14–25. http://dx.doi.org/10.14530/reg.2017.3 (In Russian)
5. Vlasyuk L.I. Study of the Russian Far East’s Economy on the Basis of Input-Output Tables. Prostranstvennaya ekonomika = Spatial Economics. 2006. No. 2. Pp. 79–90. http://dx.doi.org/10.14530/se.2006.2.079-090 (In Russian)
6. Vlasyuk L.I. Interindustry Model of the Far East’s Economy: The Experience of Predictive Modelling. Prostranstvennaya ekonomika = Spatial Economics. 2009. No. 2. Pp. 68–84. http://dx.doi.org/10.14530/se.2009.2.068-084 (In Russian)
7. Vlasyuk L.I. Forecasting of the Macroregion Economy: The Far East. Khabarovsk, 2012. 208 p. (In Russian)
8. Granberg A.G., Mikheeva N.N., Suslov V.I., Novikova T.S., Ibragimov N.M. Assessing the Efficiency of Investment Projects by Application of the Intersectoral Interregional Models: Results of Experimental Calculations. Region: ekonomika i sotsiologiya [Region: Economics and Sociology]. 2010. No. 4. Pp. 45–72. (In Russian)
9. Zakharchenko N.G. Using Social Accounting Matrices in Modeling the Structure of Economic System. Prostranstvennaya ekonomika = Spatial Economics. 2012. No. 1. Pp. 69–89. http://dx.doi.org/10.14530/se.2012.1.069-089 (In Russian)
10. Lukin E.V. About the Role of Input-Output Balance in Government Regulation of the Economy. Ekonomicheskie i sotsial’nye peremeny: fakty, tendentsii, prognoz [Economic and Social Changes: Facts, Trends, Forecast]. 2017. Vol. 10. No. 3. Pp. 41–58. http://dx.doi.org/10.15838/esc.2017.3.51.2 (In Russian)
11. Maslov A.Yu. Symmetric Input-Output Tables System Construction. In: Scientific Articles – Institute of Economic Forecasting Russian Academy of Sciences. 2004. Vol. 2. Pp. 77–92. (In Russian)
12. Mikheeva N.N. Matrices of Social Accounts: Directions and Restrictions of Use. EKO [ECO Journal]. 2011. Vol. 3. No. 6. Pp. 103–118. (In Russian)
13. Mikheeva N.N. Input-Output Tables: New Options of Economic Analysis. Voprosy ekonomiki = Voprosy Ekonomiki. 2011. No. 7. Pp. 140–148. http://dx.doi.org/10.32609/0042-8736-2011-7-140-148 (In Russian)
14. Tatarkin D.A., Sidorova E.N., Trynov A.V. Using a Matrix of Financial Flows in Modeling Regional Economic Development (The Case Study of Sverdlovsk Region). Ekonomika. Nalogi. Pravo = Economics, Taxes and Law. 2015. No. 1. Pp. 92–99. (In Russian)
15. Batey P., Madden M., Scholefield G.P. Socio-Economic Impact Assessment of Large-Scale Projects Using Input-Output Analysis: A Case Study of an Airport. Regional Studies. 1993. Vol. 27. No. 3. Pp. 179–191.
16. Bonfiglio A. A Sensitivity Analysis of the Impact of CAP Reform. Alternative Methods of Constructing Regional I-O Tables. PhD Studies. Ancona: Polytechnic University of Marche, 2004.
17. Flegg A.T., Webber C.D., Elliott M.V. On the Appropriate Use of Location Quotients in Generating Regional Input-Output Tables. Regional Studies. 1995. Vol. 29. No. 6. Pp. 547–561.
18. Harrigan F., McGilvray J.W., McNicoll I.H. A Comparison of Regional and National Technical Structures. The Economic Journal. 1980. No. 90. Pp. 795–810.
19. Harrigan F., McGilvray J.W., McNicoll I.H. Simulation the Structure of a Regional Economy. Environment and Planning A. 1980. Vol. 12. No. 8. Pp. 927–936.
20. Round J.I. An Interregional Input-Output Approach to the Evaluation of Nonsurvey Methods. Journal of Regional Science. 1978. Vol. 18. No. 2. Pp. 179–194.
21. Smith P., Morrison W.I. Simulating the Urban Economy: Experiments with Input-Output Techniques (1st ed.). https://doi.org/10.4324/9780203716786